Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

#Trump'sBookReports

Trump's clueless answers to questions he obviously knows nothing about (see triad, nuclear) have spawned a treasure trove of satirical tweets. One such answer is set out at Daily Kos by Mark Sumner:
For example, here’s Trump discussing the D.C. v. Heller case—and keep in mind that Trump has already been given the name of the case, knows that Hillary didn’t like the outcome, that the subject was the Second Amendment, and that Scalia was involved:

"Well, the D.C. versus Heller decision was very strongly, and she was extremely angry about it. I watched, and she was very, very angry when upheld, and Justice Scalia was so involved, and it was a well-crafted decision, but Hillary was extremely upset, extremely angry, and people that believe in the Second Amendment, and believe in it very strongly, were very upset with what she had to say."
Click here for an amusing article by Aja Romano entitled "Good times, bad times: #Trump'sBookReport's hilariously simplified reading list," a compilation of people's tweets suggesting how Trump would write a book report for a book he hadn't written, inspired by tweets like the one from a St. Louis city alderman, Antonio French, saying:
Trump's foreign policy answers sound like a book report from a teenager who hasn't read the book. "Oh, the grapes! They had so much wrath!"
Some of my favorites:
A Tale of Two Cities: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES!

A Tale of Two Cities: Dickens.This guy ... crazy. He couldn't even work out if it was the best of times or the worst. Total loser. Sad.

Noah's Ark: Noah was so bad. I'll deport the animals. All the animals love me. I'll build a beautiful ark. God will pay for the ark.

To Kill a Mockingbird: Hillary had 30 years To Kill A Mockingbird, and she failed. A disaster! I know mockingbirds, I'll launch a sneak attack.

To Kill A Mockingbird: To Kill a Mockingbird? Nobody kills Mockingbirds better than me. I will kill the families of Mockingbirds. Believe me.

Hamlet: Hamlet was weak, so weak. He couldn't make up his mind. I can, believe me. I've made up my mind very much better than him.

The Hunger Games: The Hunger Games are rigged, folks. Everyone knows Katniss won because she played the woman card. Nasty woman. Very rigged.

War and Peace: I didn't support the war and there's no evidence Russia is involved in this story.

Romeo and Juliet: Juliet. Such a nasty woman. She made Romeo kill himself. And believe me he could have done better. Look at her.

The Great Gatsby: You're telling me that Gatsby is great? Wrong. Terrible driver. Weird parties. No, he's not great. Trust me folks.

Dracula: Dracula never attacked those women. No proof. Did you see what they looked like. Anemic for sure.

Green Eggs and Ham: do not like green eggs and ham. They bring drugs, they bring crime. They're rapists. I do not like them, Sam I Am.
There are more at #TrumpBookReports. For example:
Sleeping Beauty: The Prince just started kissing her. Didn't even ask. When you're a prince they let you do it.

Moby Dick: I never said you could call me Ishmael. Total lie. We've got top people on the Pequod. Whales are no problem.

Harry Potter: Voldemort. Great leader. Winning temperament. Respected by the Wizardly world other than that LOSER Harry & friends.

Anna Karenina: I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.

Little Women: Should have called it Little Pigs. All of them disgusting, SAD

Pinocchio: He's a liar. A li-ar. Crooked Pinocchio calls me a puppet. I'm not a puppet-- no puppet. You're the puppet.

Winnie the Pooh...don't get me started. Low energy. Lazy. Overweight & no stamina. Always eating. He should be drug tested.

The Odyssey: I was against the war in Troy. Ask Hannity. And Helen was maybe a 6. She wouldn't have been my first choice, believe me.

Waiting for Godot: I'm telling you folks, if I were in charge, we wouldn't have waited for Godot. I would've found him in 5 minutes.

Wuthering Heights: Those poor heights. They were wuthering. Wuthering so bad. Bigly wuthering. I'll make them great again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment