Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Home Run By Steve Schmidt - 1927 NY Yankees Lineup Of Incompetents





On December 23, 2017, I published a post entitled "Quo Vadis, MSNBC?" questioning their dismissal of progressive stalwart Joan Walsh (who promptly found a home at CNN). I referenced an article at Crooks & Liars by Nicole Belle, who listed a bunch of conservative commentators (Hugh Hewitt, for example) MSNBC could apparently afford, though they dumped Joan Walsh and some other progressives. I commented on Nicole's list as follows:
I have to add that the above list includes two people I like, and who I feel have rehabilitated themselves from their hard-core Republican pasts: Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace.
I also mentioned that the redoubtable Digby agreed with me, posting on her blog at Hullabaloo:
I like the Never-Trump apostates like Nicole Wallace and Steve Schmidt. As Republicans they are very good at harsh criticism and they are turning it on their own party and the president for a change.
Anyway, Steve Schmidt was beautiful on Nicole Wallace's MSNBC program today. Here's my favorite part, talking about the crew Trump has assembled in the White House:
We've never quite seen the assemblage of crooks, just outright weirdos, wife beaters, drunk drivers, complete and total incompetents that's been assembled. If you took the 10 greatest HR managers in the history of the world, put them together and said 'We want to form a 1927 Yankees of Incompetents,' it's not possible that they would have done a better job than assembling this team and it's not possible that this team could have let loose any more chaos than they already have.


 Wallace was trying -- unsuccessfully -- not to laugh out loud, like all of her panel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment