Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Trump v. Scarborough

There's a Twitter feud going on between Trump and Scarborough. Trump tweeted:
“‘Concast’ [I guess he means Comcast?] should open up a long overdue Florida Cold Case against Psycho Joe Scarborough ... I know him and Crazy Mika well, used them beautifully in the last Election, dumped them nicely, and will state on the record that he is “nuts”. Besides, bad ratings! #OPENJOECOLDCASE.”
In 2001, while Scarborough was serving as a Republican congressman from Florida, a 28-year-old intern, Lori Klausutis, was found dead in his Florida constituency office. The death was ruled to be unsuspicious; she had a heart condition and suffered an attack which caused her to fall, and she struck her head.

Scarborough responded on the MSNBC show, "Morning Joe," that Scarborough co-hosts with his wife, Mika Brzezinski (who Trump has also viciously attacked in the past):
I know you meant to be extraordinarily cruel to me by attacking me, by bringing up a conspiracy theory that has lived in the gutters of the Internet for some time now. But just like the Seth Rich conspiracy murder that was pushed by your allies, you don’t understand the pain you cause.”
He said that the president’s accusations dredge up pain for “the families who’ve already lost a loved one. Not me. Not my children. Not anybody that knows me. They know the truth. You once again drag a family through this and make them relive it again, just like Seth Rich’s parents, as if losing a loved one the first time isn’t enough.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment