Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

"The Corruption & Redemption Of Cassidy Hutchinson"

 Click here for a post by Keith "Retired lawyer & Army vet in The Villages of Florida. Lifelong: Republican (pre-Trump), Constitution buff, science nerd & dog lover," which details events culminating in the testimony we've all seen before the January 6 Committee.

 "Trump world," as the people referred to themselves, put a lot of pressure on Hutchinson to lie to the Committee -- and she initially did. I read in another article quoting her as saying she needed to pass "the mirror test," and she went through a personal moral crisis before ditching her "Trump world" lawyer, who had been urging her to lie, promising her a great job if she came through, and telling the truth in her bombshell televised interview.

She testified with poise and dignity and was obviously telling the truth: I hope she comes out of this okay -- even though at one point she said to her mother, "I’m fucked . . . I am completely indebted to these people. And they will ruin my life, Mom, if I do anything that they don’t want me to do.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment