Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Click here for a Google search of "expat communites in Mexico."

 (from Quora): WOULD YOU LIVE IN MEXICO, AND WHY?

Not only would I live in Mexico, I do live in Mexico; and I love it here. Some of the reasons are:

  • The cost of living in Mexico is way lower than the U.S. A monthly income that would barely be subsistence wages in the U.S. affords an upper middle-class lifestyle in Mexico.
  • The weather is fantastic, at least in most parts of the country. There are places where it can get really cold and there are other places where it can be brutally hot. But, for a large part of the country, the combination of tropical latitude and high altitude make for Spring like weather all year round.
  • The food is incredible. Actual Mexican food that you find in Mexico is not the same as the Tex-Mex variety served in most “Mexican” food restaurants in the U.S. There are no yellow cheeses, very little use of ground beef, and refried beans and rice are not the only side dishes. What you will find here are dishes prepared with incredibly fresh ingredients, very balanced seasonings and a wide variety of salsas.
  • The people are some of the kindest, most polite and most generous people you will ever meet. This may be the absolute best thing about living in Mexico; how welcoming the people are. Virtually everyone I have met since moving here has made an effort to make me feel welcome. It almost makes me ashamed to think how these same people would be treated if they visited my birth country.
  • The culture and history of Mexico is truly amazing. There are so many incredible archaeological sites, museums, and cultural events and activities that one could spend a lifetime and never see them all. But, there is never a reason to be bored here. There is always something interesting to see or do.
  • The beaches and beach resorts are truly world-class. Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Playa del Carmen, Cozumal, Mazatlan, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta; and these are just the best known. And if you live in Mexico, most of these are easy to get to via plane, car or even bus.

Those are just a few of the reasons why I love living in Mexico. I know I have advantages here that most people don’t. My wife is a Mexican citizen and that helps a great deal. Also, I work on-line for a U.S. company so I did not need to find a job here in Mexico. But, I know both U.S. and Canadian expats here who don’t have the advantages I have and they love living in Mexico as much as I do.

I think people often make judgments about a place based on things they have heard without any first-hand experience. Or, in the case of Mexico, they look at the areas along the U.S. border and judge the whole country based on the border towns. I would encourage any and everyone in the U.S. and elsewhere to spend some time in the real Mexico and experience this country for yourself before you make any judgments about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment