Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A New Favorite - Chris Weigant

I love Paul Krugman.

Well, not literally. But if I were a Nobel-winning economist who could write with skill and grace, I would write exactly what Paul Krugman does in his books and in his New York Times articles. We're political soulmates, and he's No. 1, but Robert Reich, Joseph Stiglitz, and recently Jared Bernstein are up there too. I've just added another favorite to the list: Chris Weigant. (Unlike the others, he's not an economist but a psychologist who practiced for 25 years. I'm starting to think that these damned pundits we rely on for our news should have 20-plus years' experience in some field other than talking and getting their hair blow-dried.)

I've been reading, and enjoying, Chris Weigant's articles for quite some time. But I've just come to appreciate his Weekly Talking Points column. This guy is brilliant. (And I love his cat picture: sleepy coiled menace. Don't mess with this pussy.)

I've read his most recent Talking Points article and am getting into some of the back issues. He's great, and he deserves a bookmark.


0 comments:

Post a Comment