Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Aaaargh! Elizabeth Warren Voted To Confirm Ben Carson?

Yes, she did, as did stalwart progressive Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown. On Chris Hayes's All In With Chris Hayes, he notes Warren as saying:
Yes, I have serious, deep, profound concerns about Dr. Carson's inexperience [inexperience???] ... But 'the nominee I wanted' is not the test ... I understand that some people might have made the call differently [duh]. I appreciate your making your thoughts heard. Unlike the new Administration, I don't believe in ignoring or silencing people who disagree with the choices I make or the votes I take.
That's profoundly disappointing, Senator Professor. Hayes summarized your position as "We cannot do to them what they did to us," but I don't agree that that's what's happening here. Carson should be rejected on his merits: He's totally unqualified and unfit for the position. Voting against Carson's confirmation is not a boneheaded, no-matter-what stonewall; it's a sound judgment based on the merits (Carson has none).

To her credit, Hayes's guest -- Slate columnist Michelle Goldberg -- responded: "To me, that is just completely unintelligible." She says she doesn't think Democrats are angry with people who voted for Mattis. (Hayes butted in, suggesting that Nikki Haley as U.N. ambassador was another such reasonable appointment, and I disagree completely -- while not a bad person, in my judgment, she is no more qualified than Carson.) "The thing is, Ben Carson should not be -- on the merits -- Secretary of HUD."

Sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment