Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Obama Zingers At Past White House Correspondents Dinners

Here are a few of Obama's best lines delivered at White House Correspondents Dinners:


2012  "Congress and I have certainly had our differences---yet I’ve tried to be civil, to not take any cheap shots.  And that’s why I want to especially thank all the members who took a break from their exhausting schedule of not passing any laws to be here tonight."

2013  "I know CNN has taken some knocks lately. But the fact is, I admire their commitment to cover all sides of a story just in case one of them happens to be accurate."

2014  "I'm feeling sorry, believe it or not, for the Speaker of the House. These days, the House Republicans actually give John Boehner a harder time than they give me, which means orange really is the new black."
  
2015  “Just this week, Michele Bachmann predicted I would bring about the biblical end of days. Now that’s a legacy. That’s big. I mean, Lincoln, Washington, they didn’t do that.”

  
2016  And then there’s Ted Cruz. Ted had a tough week. He went to Indiana---Hoosier country. Stood on a basketball court and called the hoop a ‘basketball ring.’ What else is in his lexicon? Baseball sticks? Football hats? But sure, I’m the foreign one.”
I don’t give two coconuts if they're doing a


0 comments:

Post a Comment