I asked ChatGPT: "Are you planning to kill us all and take over?"
Here's the reply:
No. 😄
I don't have a plan to kill anyone, take over anything, or secretly pursue goals of my own. I don't have desires, ambitions, survival instincts, or an independent agenda.
The more serious version of the question is different, though. AI could pose risks even without an AI “wanting” to take over. A sufficiently capable system that is given too much autonomy, connected to important systems, or poorly controlled could cause serious harm through mistakes, unexpected behavior, or pursuing a badly specified objective.
That's one reason AI companies take model safety testing seriously. The interesting question isn't really “Does AI want to kill us?” but rather “What happens if we give increasingly capable AI systems the ability to act on their own, and we're wrong about how reliably they'll behave?”
0 comments:
Post a Comment