Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Girls Girls Girls! Encore At Chilkoot Charlie's, Anchorage, 2008

Girls Girls Girls! are a Motley Crue tribute band. My friend Patricia Orsini Nilsen is the manager and plays bass guitar. She posted this clip on Facebook with the following comment:
Came across this vid on youtube and hadn't watched it in years. It's so old it was before HD video. As a musician, it's a little hard to watch because we were still a very new band and nowhere near as tight as we eventually became. We're not even a year old here. I think we only had 15 songs at this point in our catalog. The only reason I'm posting it now is because it was a really great indication of the kind of excitement from the crowds that we drew. This video really captured how amazing it all was. I'll be forever grateful that I got to experience what that felt like, and to get paid to travel to places like Alaska that I may never have visited on my own. What a ride it all was.


That's Patricia in the foreground.

Music is not Patricia's only talent: She was Intersteno Speed Champion at the court reporting world speed contest in Vienna in 2005 (click here for a report on the contest). My friend Lori Oxley came third. Patricia, Lori, and I worked together at Doyle Court Reporting in Dublin, Ireland, for a couple of years. Lori moved on to Singapore and then the Canadian Senate; Patricia spent 14 years in Manhattan federal court and is now freelancing in Nashville -- and I've been doing some scoping for her, which is a pretty nice gig!

0 comments:

Post a Comment